ILLiad's online delivery allows us to quickly forward incoming material into your account for quick and convienent viewing.
- How do I sign up for online delivery?
- How do I read my articles?
- How do I get Adobe Acrobat?
- How do I get to my articles when they arrive?
- How do I know which requests will be electronically delivered and which ones will not?
- What if I do not want electronic delivery?
- What if I still have questions about electronic delivery?
How do I sign up for online delivery?
- Online delivery is the default. No action is needed.
How do I read my articles?
If you have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed and configured on your computer, you have everything you need to view, download, and print these articles. With Acrobat Pro, you will be able to run text recognition on the articles to do keyword searches. Some articles may be received with this done in advance.
How do I get Adobe Acrobat?
Adobe Acrobat Reader is available without charge from Adobe Systems, Inc. Click the "Get Adobe Reader" button to go directly to the download page.
How do I get to my articles when they arrive?
You will automatically receive an e-mail when articles are uploaded into your ILLiad account. The e-mail will contain a link to the login page. If you are not receiving e-mails, please check your spam folders. There is also an ILLiad link on the Library home page, and you may login to check at any time.
- Logon to ILLiad
- From the main menu, click the "View > My Articles" link in the left hand side bar.
- A list of available articles are displayed. Click on the link for the article you wish to read.
- Articles remain for 21 days only, then are deleted to clear them from the server. When you first view them, please check for completeness and readability, and contact us if necessary. Articles should be immediately stored on a local device. You may delete them manually from your account if you like.
How do I know which requests will be electronically delivered and which ones will not?
All ILLiad articles are uploaded to your account when recieved. This allows for quick viewing from any computer at any time.
Each aritcle will be filled by the lending library as a PDF. There may be a few exceptions, and in those cases, an e-mail notice will still be sent to let you know you have something to pick up in person.
What if I do not want electronic delivery?
Electronic delivery is the ILLiad default. This method allows you to download your articles on your schedule, without having to come into the Library.
You always have the option of printing out your documents if you would like to keep them in a 3-hole binder, highlight sections, or write notes.
What if I still have questions about electronic delivery?
You can e-mail questions to email@example.com or call us at 620-235-4890.