- What Is Document Delivery?
- Who Is Eligible To Use ILLiad Document Delivery?
- Is There A Charge For Document Delivery?
- What Can I Request Through ILLiad Document Delivery?
- What Cannot Be Supplied Through ILLiad Document Delivery?
- How Many Articles Can I Request?
- How Do I Place a Request?
- How Soon Will I Get My Articles?
- How Do I Access My Articles?
- How Long Will My Articles Stay Web-posted?
- What If I Have Trouble Accessing My Documents?
What Is Document Delivery?
The ILLiad Document Delivery Service (DDS) offers you the ability to request and receive scanned copies of journal articles owned by the Axe Library in print or microform.
Who Is Eligible To Use ILLiad Document Delivery?
Anyone with an active ILLiad account may use Document Delivery.
Is There A Charge For Document Delivery?
No. It is a free service provided to you by the Axe Library.
What Can I Request Through ILLiad Document Delivery?
With ILLiad/Document Delivery, you may simply request journal articles that you need. If we have it in-house, we will scan and upload the articles to your account. If the Axe Library does not own the item, we will request it from another library using our Interlibrary Loan service.
What Cannot Be Supplied Through ILLiad Document Delivery?
- Chapters from Axe book titles are not available. Those should be checked out in person at the Circulation Desk.
- Journal articles already available for you to download, such as our Full Text subscriptions.
- Articles over 50 pages.
Before you use Document Delivery, please check Serials Solutions to find out what may available online. Article Linker screens in our online database results also display Axe holdings.
How Many Articles Can I Request?
There is currently no limit on the number of articles you may request at one time, however, we may limit the number we process per day during peak times of the semester.
How Do I Place a Request?
Start by using one of our online databases:
- Databases by Subject
- Databases by Title
- Citation Linker, if your citation comes from a print source.
Look for "Article Linker" in your citation displays. If the item is not available in Full Text format, click on the "Click Here to Request Item on Interlibrary Loan" link. You will be taken to the ILLiad logon page.
If you have used our ILLiad Interlibrary Loan service, you already know what to do. If you do not have an account, you may create one. Community users may contact the Interlibrary Loan department to begin the process of seting up an ILLiad account.
You may also log in and use the ILLiad "Photocopy" request form, available in the sidebar.
How Soon Will I Get My Articles?
We try to fill or respond to requests within two working days.
How Do I Access My Articles?
They are available in your ILLiad account as soon as they are uploaded. Log in to ILLiad, and select "View Requests > My Articles" in your account sidebar.
How Long Will My Articles Stay Web-posted?
ILLiad articles remain in your account for 21 days after posting. Please check to see that all pages are copied and you can read all of the pages scanned. You may print or save the Adobe Acrobat PDF files.
What If I Have Trouble Accessing My Documents?
Have the latest version of Adobe Reader installed on your computer. Some files may be quite large, and take time to load.
If you have any problems or questions, please contact the Interlibrary Loan department using the information at the bottom of this page.